I'm a sucker for cabbage. Sounds weird, but I am - it's like crack for me, especially in soups. I have to say I like egg rolls, but never feel good about eating them because they're fried and doughy. This was my solution & it's a pretty darn good one if I may toot my own horn.
Fun fact: don't shred your cabbage like it's show in the photo! I effed up, it's not as good as cutting it into squares & still having a wee bit of crunch to it.
1 lb ground pork
1 T coconut aminos
2T avocado oil or ghee
1/2 T sesame oil
1 t salt
1 t cayenne pepper
1 sm head of cabbage, chopped roughly
1/2 packed cup shredded carrots
- Place your avocado/ghee into a saute pan on high heat
- Mix your pork with the coconut aminos, sesame oil, salt & cayenne
- Saute the pork until it starts to brown, but is still semi pink (meaning, put it in the pan & don't mess with it)
- When you think the bottom is browning, but there is still some pink (check if you need to) - stir the pork up & then place the cabbage and carrots on top
- Do not stir the veggies in, simply place them on top of the stirred pork and place a lid on your pot
- Turn the heat down to medium
- After around 10 minutes, try a piece of cabbage. If it is cooked with just a bit of crunch - give your whole pan a good stir & serve! If not, stir & put the lid back on, checking every 2 minutes
- Season as you please or eat plain. I like to eat mine with some paleo sriracha (no sugar!)
Makes for great leftovers, the flavor just gets better!