I'm like, "Come on Tasha, you can think of a better name than Meat Bowl..." then it grew on me. The riced cauliflower cooked with mushrooms & onions then topped with meat, is surprisingly reminiscent of beef stroganoff. I think I may have liked it the next day even better!
Fun fact: People at work laughed at me when I told them I was eating a Meat Bowl.
1 lb ground beef
1 head of riced cauliflower or 16 oz. bag of pre-riced cauliflower
1 sm green pepper, diced
1 sm yellow pepper, diced
Handful of cherry tomatoes
1 (4 oz) package of shiitake mushrooms, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 avocado, sliced
2 T. ghee
2 T. coconut aminos
1 T. 21 Salute Seasoning from Trader Joe's
Few pinches of salt
- On med-high heat, melt 1 T. of your ghee in a skillet
- Add the riced cauliflower, shiitake mushrooms, onion, coconut aminos, pinch of salt & stir everything together
- Cook your cauliflower rice base with a lid, until the onions become translucent (~10 mins). Stir occasionally, but let some of the rice brown.
- While your base is cooking, throw your ground beef in a skillet on high with 1 T. of ghee, the 21 Salute & a pinch of salt. Brown your meat.
- Layer your cauliflower rice on the bottom of a bowl, top with ground beef & then your bell peppers, cherry tomatoes & sliced avocado.
- Serve with vegetables on top cold, or heat in the oven for 10 minutes at 200F. A dash of hot sauce will also go a long way!