So I get a CSA (Community Supported/Sustained Agriculture) delivery once a week. They've been giving me so, so many watermelon radishes. I'm by no means complaining, but I couldn't eat anymore raw & I wasn't really sure how to go about cooking them. Why not pickle them? I found a few recipes online, but they all contained long ingredient lists. That went against my whole foods/simple approach. I took measurements from a few & ultimately created this for you all.
Fun fact: This. Stuff. SMELLS. Seriously, it smells not so wonderful. What's funny is that it tastes amazing. Try them alone for a snack or on a sandwich for an added crunch.
1 to 2 watermelon radishes
1/2 cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar (suggested brand here)
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 teaspoon peppercorns, lightly crushed
1 teaspoon dill
- Thinly slice your washed watermelon radishes, then place in a clean mason jar.
- In a saucepan, bring the water, vinegar, and salt up to a simmer until all is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the garlic, peppercorns & dill.
- Pour the liquid & yumminess over the radish discs you've placed in your jar.
- Once cooled, screw on your lid & refrigerate.
These will stay fresh in your refrigerator for 3 months.